Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fahrenheit 451- Continued

I thought that the book got interesting when the fire chief sent to dog to sniff around at Guy's door as a hit to he knew that he still had books. When the call came in and they went out on the run and stopped infront of Guy's house I was shocked. I thought to myself why would they just be going to his house now if the fire chief has known all along that he had books. I also thought right away that his wife must have been the one to call in the alarm. It was obvious once she ran out of the house to a waiting cab with a suitcase. My thought was if she just heard the fire trucks outside then how would she have had time to pack a suitcase and call a cab? Our group discussed this and everyone seemed to believe that his wife did turn him in.

3 comments:

  1. it was very suspenseful when the dog was at the door. In my opinion that thing is pretty creepy lol. And I'd assume the wife turned him in because she did not seem very happy with him in the first place nor did any signs of love show in their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. She definitely turned him in. Kinda weird to turn in your husband for keeping books when you read them too??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100 percent.There was no way she would have been able to get all her things packed and been ready to leave when the firetrucks pulled up unless she knew about it otherwise. But who would turn in their own husband someone that they are suppose to love so deeply?

    ReplyDelete