Friday, March 26, 2010

1984- The End

I thought it was very sneaking of O'Brien to get Julia and Winston to trust him so much and then take the information they had given him and use it against him. It found out just how far they were willing to go to protect one another and used it as a weapon.
The part of the book near the end that I found very disturbing are the chapters about the torture. I had to force myself to continue reading as I am not one of those people who enjoy scary things. I found this parts to be unimaginable. The part when they discribed the rats that they were going to put on Winston's face to eat him really made me uncomfortable. I would give up pretty much anyone to avoid going through that too.

3 comments:

  1. I also thought it was 'sneaking' of O'Brien to bring Winston and Julia in. I wouldn't have thought that he would be a person like that considering how secretive and trusting he seemed. And obviously the torture session like you said, is a very hard experience to picture. Few could resist the ultimate torture method of letting rats eat your face, one of which I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian i believe that Jessica meant "sneaky" not "sneaking".

    Anyway, lol, yea the torture was a bit disturbing. I dont have a problem with rats but i hate praying mantuses and if someone put a cage full of praying mantuses on my face i would probably freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.. yes i did mean sneaky.. sorry i didn't even notice that..

    ReplyDelete